The IGF and OECD are seeking public comments on two resources designed to support developing countries in addressing the transfer pricing challenges faced when pricing minerals.
Securing Shared Financial Benefits from Mining
To uphold our cornerstone Mining Policy Framework, the Secretariat’s BEPS in Mining Program fosters governments’ ability to build and administer mining tax systems to secure their fair share of revenues from their country’s mineral resources.
Our capacity building, technical assistance, events, and publications improve governments’ tax policies, legislation, and tools to:
- Enhance capacity to detect and mitigate BEPS risks to bolster financial benefits from mining
- Promote sound tax policies and administration for the mining sector
- Collect their fair share of mining revenue to support social programs and other government priorities
- Adapt to a fast-changing world with tax systems that recognize the rapidity of technological change
- Better understand the mining sector and craft policy regimes to address gaps in existing national and international tax rules to maximize revenues from mining to promote sustainable development.