Transfer Pricing and Mining: Risk assessment training in Zambia
IGF held a workshop for government officials December 5 to 7, 2018, on transfer pricing risk assessment in mining.
Twenty-two participants attended the training in Lusaka, Zambia, which covered:
- Challenges of transfer mispricing in African countries
- Principles and practices of transfer pricing in mining
- Discussion of regional concerns
- Offshore marketing arrangements
- Intercompany debt
- Transfer pricing risks along the mining value chain
Case studies on current transfer pricing issues in mining were also presented to encourage discussion on real-world challenges and solutions.