Webinar | Rethinking ASM Formalization: How COVID-19’s disruption can be catalyzed for development
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause widespread disruption to the world’s social and economic development. Our research shows the scope and impact of the changes for the 42 million people around the globe involved in artisanal and small-scale mining.
Join IGF and partners from the World Bank’s Extractives Global Programmatic Support (EGPS) trust fund, Pact, and Delve to explore the pandemic’s impacts, share key insights, and consider implications for the sector’s future.
Thursday December 3rd, 2020
13:30 – 18:00 GMT
- 13:30 – 14:00 GMT: Opening remarks
- 14:00 – 14:50 GMT: Assessing and addressing COVID-19’s impacts on human capital
- 15:00 – 15:50 GMT: Exploring impacts of COVID-19 through a gender lens
- 16:00 – 16:50 GMT: Unpacking varied disruptions across mineral supply chains
- 17:00 – 17:50 GMT: From disruption to development: Catalyzing the ASM sector
- Full agenda