The Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF) and Global Affairs Canada (GAC) hosted a side event during the 2023 Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) convention in Toronto, Canada, to discuss how stakeholders can take action to support gender impact assessments.
The two-panel event took place on the morning of Sunday March 5, 2023 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- David Fournier, Deputy Director Development Operations, GAC
- Greg Radford, Director, IGF
Panel 1 | The Role of Governments and Civil Society in Overseeing Impact Assessment Frameworks
- Carolina Rojas Hayes, Independent Consultant
- Melanie Campbell, Director, Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan Secretariat at Natural Resources Canada
- Joanne Lebert, Executive Director, IMPACT
- Ege Tekinbas, Senior Policy Advisor for Gender Equity, IGF
Panel 2 | The Role of Industry Actors and Practitioners in Integrating Gender Equality in Impact Assessment
- Carolyn Burns, Executive Director, Devonshire Initiative
- Jennifer Adams, Country Director, Mongolia, Catalyste+
- Ben Chalmers, Senior Vice President, Mining Association of Canada
- Susan Joyce, President, On Common Ground