IGF-PDAC-WEF Sustainability Forum
The IGF, PDAC and WEF will be co-hosting its annual Sustainability Forum on the sidelines of the 2019 PDAC Convention. The theme of the Sustainability Forum will be responsible supply chains for minerals and metals, and discussions will focus on some of the key barriers, challenges and opportunities facing responsible sourcing for the mining sector in the years ahead.
A variety of timely topics will be discussed, including:
- Perspectives from the supply chain
- The future of responsible supply chains
- Circular economy and recycling
- Government support for voluntary sustainability initiatives
- Traceability and new technologies
- Interoperability of responsible sourcing initiatives
Registration will open at 12:00 p.m. Saturday, March 2. The main event will be held from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., with a multi-stakeholder panel discussion introducing the topic. Delegates will then engage in roundtable discussions focused on exploring the theme in depth. The event will then include feedback from the roundtables followed by a second expert panel discussion. A networking reception will be held from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Access the draft agenda online.
For more information on the convention, please visit the event website: www.pdac.ca/convention