We are pleased to invite you to our workshop on June 12, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at Carleton University to discuss gender equality and the future of mining.
- Dr. Jennifer Hinton, Director, East Africa Operations, M2Cobalt, Uganda and Adjunct Professor, Institute of African Studies, Carleton University
- Lema Ijtemaye, Manager, Socio-Economic Development Department, Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada
- Mora Johnson, Head of Secretariat, Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Kelly Cooper, President, Centre for Social Intelligence
- TBC, International Affairs and Trade Division, Lands and Minerals Sector, NRCan
The event will comprise of lightening presentations, a panel discussion and roundtables. We will be diving into timely issues such as:
- What does a gender equal future of mining look like?
- What is needed to prepare the sector for growth while being gender sensitive?
- How can we ensure gender isn’t a casualty in artisanal and small-scale mining while acting as a catalyst in large-scale mining?
The workshop is a collaboration between Carleton University, CIRDI and IGF. We look forward to discussing the challenges to and opportunities for women’s meaningful participation in mining with you on June 12. Stay tuned as we release details in the weeks to come.