IGF 17th Annual General Meeting
The Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development’s (IGF) 17th Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on October 19–20, 2021. The event will be hosted virtually. All interested parties are invited to register and attend.
The theme for the 2021 AGM is Building Tomorrow Together: Mining for a Responsible and Inclusive Future.
Governments, companies, and mining communities face a variety of fluid challenges today. Amid the need for pandemic response and recovery, calls are growing for a transition towards metals-intensive, clean energy sources to combat climate change. New technologies are disrupting operations and posing new challenges for community engagement and local content policy-makers. In addition, assessing and managing the environmental and social impacts from mining—throughout the mining life cycle and for operations of all sizes—remains critical to maintaining trust in the sector.
As such, 2021 AGM sessions will focus on a variety of timely topics surrounding mining sector governance, including: artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM), community engagement, critical minerals, environmental management, environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA), gender equality, local content, partnerships, taxation, and technology.
AGM sessions will include interpretation for participants in English, French, and Spanish.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Froydis Cameron-Johansson, Group Head of International Government and Sustainability Relations, Anglo American
- Rohitesh Dhawan, President and CEO, ICMM
- Barbara Dischinger, Director, International Women in Mining
- Kitty van der Heijden, Vice Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, the Netherlands
- Sulemanu Koney, CEO, Chamber of Mines, Ghana
- Estelle Levin-Nally, Founder and CEO, Levin Sources
- Andrew Rollo, Chief Auditor of Mines, Executive Director Audit and Effectiveness, British Columbia Ministry of Energy, Mines, and Petroleum Resources, Canada
- Oumar Sarr, Minister of Mines and Geology, Senegal
- Anna Shpitsberg, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Energy Resources, Department of State, United States
- Jean-François Tremblay, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources, Canada
- Alejandra Wood, Executive Director, CESCO
The full agenda and other details will be released in the coming weeks. Register now to stay informed.