The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and IGF are pleased to host a workshop July 22 to 25, 2019, for government officials of the ASEAN Member States, as well as China, Japan, and Korea, industry, academia, and civil society on advancing sustainable practices in mining.
The training is designed for non-technical ASEAN government officials involved in mine management to explore opportunities and challenges to improve sustainable mining practices.
The workshop will explore a number of timely issues, including:
- The importance of sustainable geology and exploration projects
- Legal components in mineral resource governance and mineral revenue management
- Stakeholder engagement strategies
- Worker health and safety
- Environmental sustainability in mine closure
- Research and development from China, Japan and Korea on green mining and mineral processing technologies
The workshop will close with a field trip to the Saraburi Province to witness some of the concepts discussed first-hand.