Registration is now open for the Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development’s (IGF) 16th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on October 20–22, 2020. The AGM is the leading international forum on mining policy and sustainable development.
For the first time, this year’s AGM will be virtual and not subject to the capacity constraints of past in-person events.
All interested stakeholders are invited to attend!
This year’s theme is Mining and COVID-19: From Crisis to Sustainability. Many sessions will examine mining sector trends and government responses stemming from the ongoing health and economic crisis and feature high-level officials and top mining-sector experts from government, academia, industry, non-governmental, and international organizations.
The AGM will run for three hours each day, from 8:30 to 11:30 EDT / 14:30 to 17:30 CEST.
Most sessions will include simultaneous interpretation for participants in English, French, and Spanish.
The AGM will include speakers from across the globe, including the following:
- Henrik Ager, President, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
- Mohammad Haroon Chakhansuri, Acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum, Afghanistan
- Mark Cutifani, CEO, Anglo American
- Aidan Davy, COO, ICMM
- Aïssatou Sophie Gladima, Minister of Mines and Geology, Senegal
- Carolina Rojas-Hayes, Deputy Minister of Mines, Colombia
- Luis Miguel Incháustegui, Minister of Energy and Mines, Peru
- Daniel Kaufmann, President Emeritus, NRGI
- Segolo Lekau, Acting Commissioner General, Botswana Unified Revenue Service
- Baldo Prokurica, Minister of Mining, Chile
- Wayne Swan, Former Deputy PM and Treasurer, Australia
- Nigel Topping, High Level Champion for Climate Action, United Kingdom
About the IGF
The IGF supports more than 75 nations committed to leveraging mining for sustainable development to ensure negative impacts are limited and financial benefits are shared. It is devoted to optimizing the benefits of mining to achieve poverty reduction, inclusive growth, social development, and environmental stewardship. The International Institute for Sustainable Development has served as Secretariat for the IGF since October 2015. Core funding is provided by the Government of Canada.