The Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to complying with relevant government privacy regulations, rules and policies.
Our website (https://www.igfmining.org) is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), which has hosted the IGF since 2015:
111 Lombard Ave, Suite 325
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0T4
Telephone: +1 204 958 7700
Any requests regarding your personal information potentially held by us should be directed to email@example.com.
- Accountability. We are responsible for personal information in our possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing.
- Identifying Purposes. We specify the legitimate purposes for which we collect your personal information at or before the time of collection.
- Consent. Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate. You may at any time withdraw your consent and notify us that we may no longer collect, maintain or disclose your personal information.
- Limiting Collection. Our collection of your personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by IISD. We collect personal information by fair and lawful means only.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We do not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- Accuracy. Your personal information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used, taking into account your interests.
- Safeguards. We protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness. We are open about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information and can make them readily available to you upon request.
- Individual Access. Upon request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information, within reasonable time at minimal or no cost to you.
- Challenging Compliance. We investigate and address any complaint or inquiry you may make concerning IGF/IISD’s compliance with the above principles.
Our website may be used without entering any personal information.
Certain services and features listed below, however, do potentially use personally identifiable information either at your direct request, such as when you join a mailing list, or to provide a technical feature of the website.
- Facebook – Facebook Products are used as one of our social sharing platforms to engage, interact and improve our content for our online communities. Facebook stores your information and uses it to help personalize and improve its products, measure its analytics, and to communicate with its users. This includes individuals without Facebook account, with metrics including IP addresses, operating system in use and cookies. Refer to Facebook’s policy for detailed terms on how and what Facebook is doing with your information.
- Twitter – Twitter is used as one of our social sharing platforms to engage, interact and improve our content for our online communities. Your information is stored by Twitter, which records some of your personal information such as the type of device being used and your IP address. Twitter offers users the ability to change your settings on the limits and capacity of data being collected.
Our website contains subscription forms to newsletters that provide periodic information and updates about our work. We use third-party data processors, including Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp, to manage those newsletters. You can read more about their privacy and security practices under External Services on this page.
If you choose to subscribe to an IGF/IISD newsletter, we require a valid email address. You may opt to provide other information (such as your first name, surname, location, and professional affiliation) so that you can receive a more personalized newsletter. This information will be forwarded to the appropriate service.
Your details will remain within the third party’s databases for as long as we continue to use those services for email marketing, or until you request to be removed from the newsletter. You may cancel your subscription at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in every email newsletter we send.
We maintain a profile on several social networking platforms. Our website contains links to these networks. These third-party companies process your personal information, and maintain their own privacy policies, which are available for your review here:
We use features or services from external service providers. They may have their own privacy policies and use your personal information independently of your use of our website. These privacy policies are available for your review here: